Teaching Assistant (TA)
Job start: Required for April 2022
Salary: NJC Scale 3 (Actual salary £16,624.54 - £16,925.78 pa)
Contract Type: 31.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
Contract Term: Permanent
Thank you for your interest in working at West Lea School. We are seeking a dynamic individual, who will continue to inspire and motivate our staff and support and encourage our pupils to make excellent progress, whatever their starting point or situation. We are looking for a person who can demonstrate vision, resilience and empathy. We are a ‘values-based’ organisation and, as such, we expect our staff to embody our values.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who:
• Has a commitment and passion to work with pupils with a wide and diverse range of SEN and can embrace the school’s vision, aims and ethos of ‘Learning for life’.
• Can support staff within the school whilst providing care, support and assistance to all students to encourage their independence.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in a successful, continuously improving, innovative and supportive school, taking a lead role in an exciting phase of its development.
• The chance to join a talented, highly committed and supportive staff team.
• The opportunity to take a lead role in a school of independence and opportunity, with an ethos of empowering each child to be as independent as possible.
West Lea School is a popular and successful school. We are very proud of the school community and the way that we work together with the local area and in partnership with both mainstream schools and colleges, in a positive climate where students have every opportunity to thrive and succeed in acquiring a set of skills that enable them to experience “Learning for Life”.
Closing Date: Friday 18th February 2022
Interview Date: W/b 28th February 2022
West Lea School, Staff and the governing body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Our recruitment process is rigorous and appointments made are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, a medical check and satisfactory references.