WE ARE LOOKING FOR 3 NEW TEACHING ASSISTANTS TO JOIN OUR ESTABLISHED TEAM.
1 x Classroom TA - Level 2
2 x 1:1 SEN Support TAs (fixed term for as long as the pupils are at the school)
Working Term Time - 8.15am to 3.15pm
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 3 strong candidates to support teaching and learning at Fosse Mead Primary Academy in Leicester. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
- Working with a wide range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
- Accompanying groups on trips.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Some school or SEN experience
- a proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- the ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- a can-do attitude.
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our career page and school website.
Deadline for Applications - Friday 10th June 9am
LSA Interviews - Thursday 16th June
SEN LSA Interviews - Thursday 23rd June
We are committed to keeping children and young people safe from harm and abuse and to promoting their welfare, and we expect that everyone who comes to work for us will share the same commitment. Fulfilling this responsibility includes making sure that our recruitment process includes a range of measures to identify those who may be unsuitable to work with children and young people. In addition, all roles within the school/college are covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975, and are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. These posts may also be subject to further DBS re-checks at appropriate intervals. Further information about what the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 means for applicants is provided on the Application Form. Please note that having a criminal record is not an automatic bar from working with us: whether or not your criminal record has a bearing on the post you have applied for will be carefully considered as part of the recruitment process. This may involve a discussion with yourself about the circumstances and background to your offences.