Teaching Assistant Required – SWAN Grade 3.1 (£18,013 FTE)
Working Hours - 30 hours per week, 8.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday –Term time only (38 weeks)
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, flexible, skilled and motivated Teaching Assistant. The successful candidate will be hard working, show initiative, have a good sense of humour, work well as part of a team, have excellent literacy and numeracy skills and be willing to undertake any necessary training.
- Preferably have some previous experience of working with children.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills – GCSE grade C or above desirable.
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful and understanding, with a positive outlook.
- Be able to deliver support programmes in small group or 1:1 situations.
- Be able to deliver supportive strategies for pupils with specific difficulties mainly linked to learning and other related needs.
- Be able to work in a team sharing good practices and developing resources and materials.
The role of a Teaching Assistant is to support pupils in small groups, 1:1 and will also include some general class support in our Specialist Learning provision and in the Mainstream.
We can offer you:
- Friendly and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn.
- Approachable and friendly staff.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
Applications should be made using the Hermitage School Application Form (please note that CVs will not be accepted).
Deadline for applications: 23rd May 2022
The Hermitage School has a commitment to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be made subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced Disclosure Procedure.
The Hermitage School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.