St Mellons CIW Primary School
Cardiff CF3 5TP
Age Range 3-11
Start date: 5th September 2022
34 hours/week, permanent
St Mellons Church in Wales Primary School, situated in Llanrumney, Cardiff, is an inclusive, caring school that has a strong and supportive learning community within the context of Christian belief and practice. We are at an exciting time in the life of the school, about to move and expand into a new build school on the St Edeyrn’s development. This move is planned to take place in April 2023.
The Head Teacher and Governing Body of St Mellons Church in Wales Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, vibrant and creative teaching assistant with a passion for childhood development to join the hardworking and dedicated team at this very happy and successful school.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who will:
• Be supportive of and contribute to the Christian ethos of the school
• Be able to establish excellent relationships with staff and pupils;
• Be experienced in working with children., both indoors and outdoors, to support learning.
• Be keen to work as part of a team.
• Be experienced in supporting pupils with a range of needs and able to demonstrate understanding towards them. (For example: learning difficulties, autism, speech and language difficulties)
• Have good literacy, numeracy and communication skills
• Have excellent organisational skills, be flexible and able to work under the direction of class teacher and use own initiative.
We can offer the successful candidate:
• A warm, welcoming and caring school with a very supportive team of staff and governors
• Happy, respectful and enthusiastic pupils who are polite and well-mannered with a strong commitment to caring for others and their own learning.
• A commitment to professional development
Under the Education (Wales) Act 2014, all School Learning Support Workers must be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC).
This salary is subject to the Living Wage supplement which brings pay rates up to £9.90 per hour (scp 1&3). This supplement will be reviewed in April 2023 and thereafter annually in April. Cardiff Council reserves the right to make any changes to, or removal of, the Living Wage supplement.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms to be returned by email to Mrs. J Marchesi, Headteacher, via email by 12 noon on Monday 6th June.
Once shortlisted, interviews will be held during week beginning 13th June.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• with ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.