Location: North West Bristol, BS10
HOURS: Monday-Friday 37 hours p/w
At Bristol Free School, we are committed to the young people in our care. Our commitment encourages and inspires every child to fulfil their potential, we provide our students with the necessary skills to achieve academic and personal growth so they truly thrive, both socially and emotionally. We are excited to be advertising for a Teaching Assistant to undertake work, care and support programmes to facilitate learning of students and to assist teachers in the management of students and the classroom.
Do you enjoy working with students from diverse backgrounds? Are you looking to become part of a supportive and inclusive team? At BFS we have a team of dedicated people who are all working together to support our students. Our school is a vibrant community and a highly rewarding place to work.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support for Students: To Supervise and provide particular support for targeted students, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
• Support for Teachers: Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, following lesson plans agreed with line manager(s) and teachers
• Support for The Curriculum: Undertake structured learning activities/teaching programmes, to develop students' literacy/numeracy skills in order to raise standards
• Support for the School: Participate in training and other learning activities as required and accompany teaching staff and students on visits, trips and out of school activities
• Previous experience within a similar role
• Ability to manage own time effectively
• Ability to operate as part of a team or individually as required.
• Excellent communicator who is patient, flexible and adaptable.
What we offer
Being part of BFS means living our values of community, ambition and opportunity. We want our young people to leave BFS with confidence and a strong belief that they can make the best of their life chances and be positive citizens with a strong moral compass. We all have the potential to support to shape our school and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
The successful candidate can expect:
- A rewarding and dynamic job role making a real, lasting and positive impact on our school community
- Positive and inclusive working environment where well-being is central to our culture
- Career development, CPD courses
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free parking onsite
- Discounted gym membership
BFS celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in, then please apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
If offered the post, appropriate checks will be carried out prior to your start date. These checks will include (but are not limited to) a full DBS check.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.