1: 1 Teaching Assistant
Education Supply Pool are recruiting a full time Teaching Assistant on behalf of a primary school in a highly regarded area of Newport. The successful candidate will be working on a 1:1 basis with two children with ASD, spending 2.5 days a week with each individual child.
This role demands enthusiasm, patience, and a diverse set of skills. We need candidates who are willing to step up to this role with confidence that they can help to develop and nurture these young minds on their way to success.
Successful candidates must:
• Assist with prepared lessons in all areas of the school curriculum (with consideration for varying levels of student ability),
• Be attentive to the unique needs of each student and be able to identify proper solutions when children encounter issues,
• Maintain a supportive, safe, and clean classroom environment,
• Maintain a level of respect, control, and discipline within the classroom on individuals or groups you support,
• Take part in/assist with the organisation of school events and activities beyond teaching hours,
• Liaise with colleagues to ensure unity and support are in place,
• Collaborate with other teachers, work with children, and talk to families.
As a valued member of ESP, you’ll receive:
- A minimum pay rate of at least £70,
- A team with over twenty years’ experience in both small, local, and large national education agencies,
- A dedicated account manager with a background in teaching,
- A £250 recommend a friend scheme,
- An Amazon voucher award scheme after your first placement (value £100),
- A variety of daily, short-term and long-term positions to suit your needs,
- No need for completion of time sheets, and
- Pay via PAYE direct through Education Supply Pool and not an umbrella company.
Education Supply Pool is more than just a recruitment agency. We look after our candidates and aim to ensure that you're well supported and rewarded, throughout your teaching journey. Whether its career advice, feedback or just in need of a chat, you will always be welcomed by us, and we are always available to take time out for you.
We are a preferred supplier on the Welsh Government’s National Teacher Framework offering day-to-day and long-term positions throughout the school year. We offer a range of placements that can work around your schedule.
All candidates who register with Education Supply Pool will undergo a vetting process which includes obtaining 2 satisfactory relevant references and an enhanced DBS check. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
Education supply pool is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.