Do you want to be part of a progressive team of professionals who are dedicated to children and their education?
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Teaching Assistant. They will join a very hard working and dedicated team of teachers and associate staff, who focus on improving outcomes for the pupils in their care.
About Wheatfield primary School
Wheatfield Primary is a one-form entry in Wokingham, Berkshire. Learning and teaching is at the heart of everything that we do. We aim to inspire and engage pupils who will then go on to fulfil and exceed their potential. We pride ourselves in being a small school where all children are known, valued and have their individual needs recognised and met. We grow and learn together each year and our children are integral to the development of the school, its curriculum and learning environment. Wheatfield primary School opened its doors for the first time in September 2014. We encourage children to:
- Be confident
- Be respectful
- Be adventurous, brave and true
- Be positive
- Be happy and
- Do the best that you can do
With an engaged and active community, this is an exciting time to join our school.
What we are looking for
You will have:
- A passion for working with primary aged children and a determination that they will become knowledgeable and virtuous.
- A desire to work with honesty, perseverance and curiosity, and in service of all the learners in our school.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Currently working within a key stage 2 setting would be desirable.
- The ability to manage pupils in a positive and calm way so that they achieve the highest standards in their learning.
- Initiative and confidence to teach pupils effectively under the direction of the class teacher.
- Ability to remain calm and positive when under pressure.
- Be flexible with regard to other classroom work.
- Be confident and clear communicator with parents.
- Share our international minded rights respecting ethos
Why work at Wheatfield Primary School?
- An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of the local community
- A well-supported and vibrant learning environment with an emphasis on high levels of achievement.
- High expectations, yet caring ethos, which focuses on the development of the whole child.
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body with GLF Schools.
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
Working Hours: 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time plus INSET days)
Salary: GLF Associate 2 pay scale
Pro Rata: £13,979 (£18,000 FTE)
Closing date for applications: 6th July 2022
Interview Date: 13th July 2022
Start date: 1st September 2022
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school. To arrange an appointment, please call the school offices on 0118-9896950.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place