About us and the role
We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled individual to take on the role of Secondary Teaching Assistant to support students in KS3/4. The successful candidate will have a passion for helping children achieve their full potential in a team which values creativity, innovation and commitment, focusing on enabling children to learn well in engaging ways. Experience and skills in supporting and working with SEND and Autistic students or supporting students with EAL are desirable. Our students are dedicated and keen learners.
The successful candidate will be flexible, able to work on their own initiative and keen for challenge. As the role entails assisting with the supervision of children, reliability and good timekeeping are essential.
This is a unique opportunity to help lay the foundations of a growing and innovative school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Development of spiritual insight
Why should you apply
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
- LGPS pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- A strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight
- Enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children
- A committed and motivated staff team
- An attractive working environment
- Supportive parents
What will you do?
- To work under the guidance of the teacher to support the teaching and learning activities in the classroom
- To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of pupil(s) with special needs in the classroom
- To assist the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment
- To promote the inclusion of all pupils, ensuring they have equal opportunities to learn and develop
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- Have excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
- Has a passion to ensure every child succeeds and reaches their full potential
- Ensures the health and safety of all pupils
- Will show commitment to enhancing the school’s spiritual ethos
- Is committed to their own professional development
- Will inspire, challenge, motivate and support the whole school community
- Has excellent knowledge of how young children learn and develop
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti Fields School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children andyoung people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
We welcome applications from both men and women of all ages from any background and from candidates with disabilities.