Teaching Assistant - Neptune School - September 2022 Expansion
Term time (39.2 weeks of the year) + Annual Leave
Job Type: Permanent - Term Time
Salary: £17,526 - £18,905 Per Annum
Are you looking for a meaningful career?
Do you want to be part of an exciting new school community?
As part of several very exciting developments Phoenix Education is expanding its provisions. Neptune provide learning and supportive environment activities to 25 children and young people from Key Stage 2-3 with Social, Emotional, Behavioural, Mental Health difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Conditions.
This is a unique opportunity to work within a truly therapeutic environment where our dedicated in-house therapy team work seamlessly with education staff to provide meaningful packages of support that enables children and young people to reach their individual potential.
Due to this exciting development, we are looking to recruit an Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant (TAs). This is a great opportunity for those who have worked within this specialist area already and are keen to develop their practise, as well as those with more in-depth SEN experience. This is an opportunity to develop your practise in a dynamic and therapeutic environment where a strong and united team ethic will ensure that the needs of our young people are at the centre of all we do.
Neptune School will cater for a maximum of 25 students. If you want to really make a difference and feel you have what it takes to help make this school Outstanding, then please get in touch.
Skills and Requirements:
- To hold knowledge of the importance of effective safeguarding;
- To demonstrate ability to support the delivery of high-quality lessons, tailored to the needs of individual students and small groups;
- To demonstrate an understanding of the needs of children with special educational needs, including skills in managing behaviours that challenge;
- To demonstrate a desire/experience of working with SEND children and the ability to build positive relationships with students and families;
- To demonstrate flexibility and resilience to adapt to the ever-changing needs of our students;
- To demonstrate a commitment to improving outcomes for our students and celebrating their successes;
- To be consistent and reliable, offering reassurance to students in times of need.
- To support teachers to deliver a bespoke curriculum which is tailored to the needs of our students;
- To create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of student’s work;
- To use strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to support students to achieve learning goals;
- To assist with the planning of learning activities;
- To monitor student’s responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement / progress as directed;
- To provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on student’s achievement, progress, difficulties etc;
- To promote positive student behaviour, dealing restoratively with conflict and incidents in line with established policies and encourage students to take responsibility for their own behaviour;
- To develop a sound understanding of safeguarding procedures and work collaboratively to safeguard our students;
- To encourage student participation, involvement and personal fulfilment by supporting an individualised curriculum with stimulating and interesting tasks within an agreed program of activities;
- To lead on an area of curriculum and/or school development. (please share any particular areas of strength in your application and if invited to interview).
- To working with students, both inside and outside the classroom in small groups or 1:1 sessions.
Closing Date: Thursday 21 July 2022
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Neptune School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.