Teaching Assistant Required
Do you want a route into teaching?
School: St John’s C of E Primary School, Dorking, RH4 2LR
Start Date: to be agreed
Salary: GST Scale B £17,833-£19,149 FTE
Contract: Fixed term until end of summer term 2023
Hours: 8.30am – 3.30pm Monday – Friday
St John’s C of E Primary School are looking for a full time (30hrs per week) enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to help children progress and to inspire them to learn new things. The role will include responsibilities such as: supporting children’s learning, undertaking playground duties, preparing resources, and assisting the class teacher.
Our school offers children the very best education and has been in the top 3% of all schools nationally for progress for the past three years. We are privileged by having outstanding facilities, dedicated staff and a high child to staff ratio. St John’s is a fun and rewarding place to work where its leadership place staff wellbeing and valuing all its stakeholders at its core.
If a route into teaching is your destiny, we can provide a package to support this growth; we will mentor you and provide opportunities for further development.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has education level of at least NVQ Level 3
- Has GCSE grades of at least ‘C’ in English and Maths
- Has the ability to read and write fluently and has confidence in maths
- Has self-confident, common sense and maturity
- Has a good sense of humour and effective communication skills
- Is adaptable and enthusiastic
- Has experience of working with children
- Is a reflective practitioner who is always open to new initiatives
- Ideally has SEN experience
If you would like to be part of our passionate and motivated team, please visit our website to obtain an application pack. Please completed application on link to MyNewTerm.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.