Full time Teaching Assistants Required
Do you believe passionately in developing the whole child? Do you want a route into Teaching? Do you want to be a valued member of our team?
Sandcross Primary School is looking for enthusiastic full time Teaching Assistants to help children progress and inspire them to learn new things. We are an inclusive school who live out our values of Kindness, Respect, Responsibility and Resilience.
If a route into teaching is your goal, the school can provide a package to support this growth; we will mentor you and provide opportunities for further development. The role will include responsibilities such as: supporting and leading children’s learning, preparing resources, assisting the class teacher, and undertaking playground duties.
Start Date: September 2022
Salary: SPS scale 3
Contract: 5 days a week 8.30 – 3.30 Term time only OR Part time
What we are looking for:
● Education level of at least NVQ Level 3
● GCSE grades of at least ‘C’ in English and Maths
● The ability to read and write fluently and be confident in Maths
● Self-confidence, common sense and maturity
● A good sense of humour and effective communication skills
● Adaptability and enthusiasm
● SEN experience (desirable but not essential)
We can offer you:
• A friendly team of colleagues who will make you welcome and support you within a learning culture;
• A total commitment to a work-life balance whilst continuing to maintain standards
• Bespoke professional development focused on Good / outstanding teaching
• Pension Scheme
• Additional Every Child Trust Benefits
• A track record of growing staff
• State of the art technologies to support learning
• Gardening area
Please contact Louise Keen in the school office for more information.
Closing Date: 12 July 2022 at 8am
Interview: 15 July 2022
Sandcross School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to respect this commitment. Appointments made are subject to suitable references and an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Sandcross School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.