Teaching Assistant - Required to start September 2022
Fixed Term Contract, Salary Scale C Pt 3-5
£15,778 - £16,352 per annum
30 hours per week - 8.30am – 3.15pm (Monday to Friday)
We are currently looking to appoint an inspiring and dynamic teaching assistant to join our dedicated team.
Successful candidates will:
• have at least Level 3 relevant qualifications and training, such as NVQ/SWiS/CACHE in working with children or aim to complete this within the first year of employment;
• have experience of working with children and young people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders;
• demonstrate emotional resilience and confidence during challenging situations;
• have an enthusiastic, imaginative and caring approach to all children;
• be able to work as part of a team, building positive relationships with pupils, parents/carers, colleagues and other professionals;
• have good Literacy, Numeracy and ICT skills;
• have high expectations of pupils’ achievements regarding learning, independence and behaviour;
• be able to show initiative and be prepared to take responsibility for delivering programs to individual and small groups of pupils as required.
• be able to engage pupils in lesson times and in unstructured times, including the pupils’ lunch hour.
The successful candidate can expect:
• a vibrant and friendly school;
• a supportive working environment;
• motivated and enthusiastic children;
• excellent opportunities for further professional development;
• outstanding resources and facilities;
including a newly rebuild swimming pool and free parking on site;
• the opportunity to make a significant positive contribution to the learning and experiences of the pupils.
• great benefit package; we place great care in the health and wellbeing of our staff and we offer a wide range of packages such as free eye test, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme and complimentary tea and coffee.
Please note: The post is a fixed term contract, renewable on a yearly basis.
Application deadline: 11.59am Friday 26th August 2022.
Early applications are encouraged and interviews will be held following receipt of applications.
Grand Avenue Primary and Nursery School is a three form entry school with a large and developing outside environment nestled in the heart of Surbiton, close to the A3 and within easy reach of London. We are proud of our school and the achievements of our children and staff.
Grand Avenue Primary & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.