“Hoe Valley School is an inspiring environment at the heart of its community where every student’s experience is personalised. Our students will learn to think independently, pursue their ambitions and achieve to their highest potential.”
Are you an ABA trained Teaching Assistant looking to work with an individual student with complex needs to improve his access to the curriculum and implement his intensive behaviour programme on a daily basis?
We are looking to recruit a full time, ABA trained Teaching Assistant to join our outstanding community School from September 2021. You will have experience of working with children with complex difficulties and be willing to undertake appropriate training, under the supervision of an ABA Consultant in order to carry out the student’s intensive behaviour programme (namely ABA).
Ideally, you will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in schools under the supervision of an ABA consultant. You will be expected to attend meetings, liaise with professionals, record data and prepare resources for 1:1 withdrawal work.
The successful candidate will be part of the Personalisation Team led by the SENCO who will share and learn from one another as the School continues to grow. They will share the school's vision and the belief that all young people can achieve at high levels.
- An oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in June 2018
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Committed to knowing all of our students’ talents and strengths and their areas for development. This allows us to personalise the curriculum to stretch and motivate all of our students.
- Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas
- Opening a STEAM focussed academic 6th Form in September 2023
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- In a state of the art new School completed in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking with a dedicated Personalisation area
- Our staff have access to a cycle to work scheme, reduced gym membership at our neighbouring sports facilities and convenient free parking at our School
- We have extended School days which allow for longer holidays to recognise and reward the commitment of our staff
- Committed to supporting our staff by offering bespoke CPD programmes, minimising paperwork and meetings and ultimately by trusting our staff to deliver excellent outcomes
- You will have A* - C grade in English and Maths at GCSE level or equivalent
- You will have experience of working with children with complex difficulties and, ideally, a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in schools under the supervision of an ABA consultant
- ELSA trained is desirable but not essential
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a School's development at an 'outstanding' school and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Deadline for Application:
Sunday 22nd August 2021
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.