Teaching Assistant: Hours 21 Hours 30 Minutes per week, term time only (Monday - Friday 9am – 12pm Plus Monday to Wednesday 1pm – 3pm)
Salary: Hay 9 (£11,177 - £12,339 per annum)
Lunchbreak Supervisor: Hours 1 Hour 30 Minutes per week, term time only (Monday – Wednesday 12.30pm – 3pm)
Salary: Hay 13 (£612 per annum)
These posts are temporary posts subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and committed Teaching Assistant who is enthusiastic, flexible and resourceful. This will be a specific purpose contract to facilitate support for a pupil with an EHCP plan. Should the pupil leave the school or the pupil’s EHCP be removed the post will cease.
We are looking for an individual who:
• can support children with a range of needs, including children with additional physical and cognitive needs
• is a champion for children’s needs and helps them make the most of everything school has to offer
• maintains a calm and consistent approach to working with the children.
• somebody who is able to communicate well with children, parents, other staff and lead professionals
• shares the school’s caring ethos and vision.
• has a patient, empathetic and conscientious nature and who is committed to providing the best care and support for children
• possesses good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
Applicants must have:
• A good standard of general education, to include literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to NVQ2 in English and Maths.
• NVQ3 for Teaching Assistants or other relevant qualification with at least one years practical experience of working with children,
• Experience of working with children in an educational context with evidence of relevant training in the appropriate age range or curriculum/learning area.
In return we can offer you:
• A delightful school with strong ethos and well behaved children
• Supportive and friendly leadership team, staff and governing body
• A commitment to working together
• A focus on high standards of achievement as well as enjoyment
• Commitment to your professional development
• Regular supply of cake and sugary treats!
The post is subject to DBS (Disclosure & Baring Service) clearance.
School will reopen after the summer holidays on Tuesday 1st September 2020, if you have any qeustions please contact the office from this date.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Closing date for applications is Friday 4th September 2020 at 12pm.
Cadbury Heath Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.