Teaching Assistant and SMSA (Year 3 initially)
Permanent contract: 8.45-13.00, and
Temporary (until 31.08.20) 7.5 hrs per week term-time only 13.00-15.30 three afternoons a week
Commencement date: ASAP, or on 01.01.20
TA Salary: SCP4 per annum pro rata
16.25 hrs per week term-time only (8.45-12.00) Permanent, AND 7.5 hrs per week term-time only (13.00-15.30) Temporary until 31.08.20
SMSA Salary: SCP3 per annum pro rata
5 hours per week term time only (12.00-13.00) Permanent
The children, staff and governors are looking to appoint a passionate and committed Teaching Assistant and SMSA for Year 3 initially. This is a great opportunity for a talented individual to make a real difference to the lives of children in a very supportive, caring and high achieving school. The successful applicant may need to work collaboratively across the school, have a passion to work with children and respond sensitively and confidently to the needs of children. We seek to appoint a proactive Teaching Assistant who will fully support the Christian ethos of this Church School.
Can you offer?
• High expectations of all children
• Passion in achieving the very best for each child
• Delivering quality learning experiences
• Commitment to work closely with all members of the school community
• Full support of the Christian ethos of this Church School
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic, friendly and articulate children
• A caring, warm and dedicated team of staff, striving for excellence in all we do
• A focussed and supportive senior leadership team
• Committed governors and parents
• A school that takes pride in developing the whole child
• A school that values all staff and seeks to encourage continuous personal development
• A school that looks forward; accentuates the positive; and is a happy place to be
We warmly encourage visits by prior arrangement to the school. For a tour of the school please contact the Headteacher, Mr. Kevin Purkiss, via phone on 01225-465654.
Benefits of working for the Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust include; a generous pension scheme, enhanced sickness and parental benefits and a supportive working environment. The Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and all relevant pre-employment checks.
Closing date: 12.00 midday on Thursday 7th November. Interview date: Monday 11th November.
Bathwick St Mary Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.