TEACHING ASSISTANT- AUTISM SPECIALIST
Part time (10 hours per week) term time only, fixed term contract to start as soon as possible until July 2021.
Based in Primary
(VTG7, SP18- SP21) £19,317- £21527 per annum (depending on experience) pro rata (actual salary £4,465 - £4,976 per annum).
Merchants’ Academy is an all age Academy based in Withywood, Bristol with students from Nursery through to Sixth Form. Merchants’ Academy is part of Venturers Trust which is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers together with the University of Bristol. The Trust comprises Primary, Secondary, all-age schools and a Special school with 3,500 pupils and 700 staff. The Academy provides an exceptional environment for students and staff.
We are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant with expertise in Autism to join an exciting and committed team at Merchants’ Academy, Primary. We are seeking a dedicated individual who will contribute to a wide range of teaching and learning activities and assist and support the work of qualified teachers. The 10 hours will be spread over 4/5 days- times flexible. There is potential for this role to be undertaken remotely at least initially.
The successful candidate will have:
- GCSEs at Grade C or above in English and maths (or equivalent qualifications).
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent relevant to a Teaching Assistant role
- Experience of working effectively supporting children in a learning environment.
- Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes and barriers to learning.
- Experience of working with children with Autism and engaging with hard to reach students
- Ability/ willingness to deliver remote learning and teacher adapt learning (alongside teacher/ SENDCo) to meet need.
In return you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career.
Closing date: Thursday 11th March 2021 at 9:00. Interviews: Monday 15th March via Microsoft Teams.
Merchants' Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to
equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS
check is required for all staff.