Contract Type: Maternity cover
Contract Term: 32.5 hours per week, term time only
Salary: £15,713 - £17,695
Job Starts: January 2020
Closing date: 2 December 2019
We are an Ofsted rated “Good” school located in Boughton near the beautiful Georgian Market Town of Newark on Trent, Nottinghamshire. We strive to provide modern facilities and a learning environment in which our children can flourish.
Are you an accomplished and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge? If so, we would love you to come and work with us. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes St Joseph’s such a special place to work.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who is:
• able to manage the academic demands of the whole primary curriculum, working with children across the whole ability range
• well organised, with high expectations of pupil attainment and progress
• flexible and enthusiastic
• able to show initiative
• able to work collaboratively with all members of the school community - in particular the class teachers
• able to deliver high quality phonics teaching
In return we will offer you:
• a warm and welcoming school community with a strong Catholic ethos
• children who are confident, happy and eager to learn and achieve
• a supportive and committed school team led by passionate leaders
• a commitment to developing your CPD
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
All applications must be received by Human Resources by 9.00 am, Friday 6 December 2019.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 12 December 2019.
Our Lady of Lourdes is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful, you will undertake pre-employment checks which will include a Disclosure and Baring Service check.
St. Joseph's Catholic Voluntary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.