We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated professional to support a pupil with a visual impairment to access the teaching and school environment and facilitate effective inclusion and independence.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who will:
• Provide in class assistance as required by explaining, reading, scribing and clarifying lessons to enable pupils to access the curriculum
• Ensure the safety of the pupil with a visual impairment whilst they are participating in programmes of work on or off the school site
• Maintain close liaison with teaching staff and staff from the Vision Support Team
• Assist in the assessment and recording of pupil progress
• Promote the independence of the pupil at all times
• Assist in the production of materials in an appropriate format for the pupil with a visual impairment
• Attend training and courses as appropriate
• Attend staff meetings as required
• Liaise with parents and other professionals
This position will be in reception class, 32.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday 8.30am till 3.30pm
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.