Are you inspirational? Is your glass always half-full? If so, you could be the person we’re looking for. We need an exciting Teaching Assistant to support our Key Stage Two classes. Do you have:
• excellent organisational skills?
• good communication skills?
• good understanding and experience of the primary curriculum?
• a commitment to raising achievement and supporting groups of children in a wide range of interventions?
• excellent behaviour management skills?
• high expectations of our children’s potential?
• flexibility and adaptability?
• experience of child protection and safeguarding policy and practice?
• a positive, problem-solving approach to challenge?
• a warm and approachable personality?
• the ability to work really well as part of a team?
• a good sense of humour?
In return, we can offer you:
• excellent opportunities for professional development
• a supportive, creative and enthusiastic staff team
• a stimulating environment and ethos in which to develop and grow
• the opportunity to hone your professional skills in a happy, positive and motivated school
• a bright, modern, ordered, attractive environment in which to work
Mellers is an Ofsted rated ‘good’ school: a happy, dynamic, vibrant and well-ordered Nottingham city primary school. Ours is an exciting environment in which to work, with pupils from a range of cultural backgrounds: there are 26 languages spoken by our pupils and families. Our pupils have very positive attitudes towards their learning and their behaviour, which is commented on regularly by visitors to our school and out of school. The successful candidate will join a very positive, committed and hardworking staff group and be expected to work closely with experienced colleagues to ensure that all our pupils achieve their full potential.
Mellers Primary school is committed to the safeguarding of its pupils. The recruitment process will require the successful candidate to complete a suitability declaration form, to pass an enhanced DBS process, and to produce suitable references.
Mellers Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.