Come and join our vibrant and forward-looking school on our journey to outstanding.
In February 2018, St Matthew’s School became part of the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education Multi-Academy Trust. This is an exciting time for our school working with a growing
Church of England trust where each of us shares a common vision; to ensure all children in our schools realise their God-given potential and aspire to exceed expectations.
St Matthew’s Church of England Primary School is a large two form entry primary school with its own nursery class and Special Needs Support Centre.
We are looking to appoint a capable and proactive teaching assistant to support children’s learning in the classroom. The role will involve 1:1 support for children with a range of additional needs, and also small groups of pupils. The post-holder will also assist with lunchtime supervision every day.
The successful applicant will:
- Have excellent English and Mathematics skills
- Have excellent communication and spoken language skills
- Have a good level of general education
- Have experience or knowledge of SEND including ASD
- Be willing to support children’s intimate care
- Be motivated and have a good level of energy
- Be confident in running interventions
- Show resilience and enthusiasm
- Be willing to train and develop new skills
- Be a team player
We can offer you:
- A dedicated and motivated team of colleagues and governors, committed and passionate about driving the school forward and improving outcomes for all pupils
- A happy and harmonious school community built on strong Christian foundations
- A great opportunity to make a difference to our children
- A culture of successful mentoring, peer support and professional development
- A school with excellent facilities and extensive grounds
- An easily-accessible school, close to Redhill town centre and railway station
Applicants are expected to be sympathetic to the Christian ethos of the school.
TA: 30 hours per week / 38.6 weeks per annum
Actual salary (S3): £12,418 per annum (FTE: £17,662)
MDS: 2.5 hours per week / 38 weeks per annum - Surrey S1/2
Actual salary (S1/2): £994 per annum (FTE: £17,232)
(Initially a Fixed-term contract to 31st August 2022, but with the possibility of an extension for the academic year 2022/23)
For more details and an application form please contact the school office on 01737-762080.
Closing date: Thursday 9th December 2021
Interviews: Friday 10th December 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive suitable applications. If you are interested in working with us, please apply without delay.