RHONDDA CYNON TAF COUNCIL
PENYRENGLYN COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL
Baglan Street, Treherbert, Rhondda Cynon Taf, CF42 5AW
TEACHING ASSISTANT (LEVEL 1)
Number of Hours Per Week: 11hrs – Term Time Only (2 days)
Salary: Grade 3 (£18,887 x 26%)
Start Date: 1st September 2022
The Governing Body wish to appoint a Teaching Assistants (Level 1) to work at Penyrenglyn Primary School to complement our existing team, working together, INSPIRING AMBITION so that all children can achieve their very best now and in the future. Every child is different, and their individuality is valued, respected and celebrated in our inclusive school community.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will:
• Support pupils with their learning needs within a mainstream class
• Support some pupils with their learning through the delivery of interventions
• Work with teachers to support our inclusive approach
• Assist with a broad range of curriculum activities
• Support the development of pupil wellbeing
• Work collaboratively with the school team to ensure school policies and procedures are implemented effectively
We are looking for someone who has:
• Basic understanding of child development and learning
• Good literacy and numeracy skills to support learning effectively
• An ability to use ICT effectively
• Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Good interpersonal skills when working with children and adults
• An ability to use basic Welsh language skills
Application forms, and further details, including a job description and person specification for the role may be obtained via the Schools Recruitment website. Please note to apply for this position you are required to complete the online application form on the RCT Council Website. If you do not complete the online application, you will not be considered as having applied for the post.
Should you require further information about the post, please contact the Headteacher, Mrs Karen Jacobs.
The closing date for applications is 3rd June 2022 at 12.00 noon. Interviews will be taken place on the 15th June 2022.
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Penyrenglyn Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.