Contract term: Temporary (until 31 August 2020), term time only
Contract type: 32.5 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 31 January 2020
Start date: As soon as possible
St Philip Neri with St Bede Catholic Voluntary Academy is located in the historic market town of Mansfield, just 12 miles to the North of Nottingham. We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and hard-working team. This post is to work across the school in KS1 and KS2, supporting the attainment and progress of children within the classroom and in small group interventions.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who is:
- able to manage the academic demands of the whole primary curriculum, working with children across the whole ability range;
- well organised, with high expectations of pupil attainment and progress;
- flexible and enthusiastic;
- able to show initiative;
- able to work collaboratively with all members of the school community - in particular the class teachers.
- able to deliver high quality phonics teaching
We will offer you:
- a warm and welcoming school community with a strong Catholic ethos;
- children who are confident, happy and eager to learn and achieve;
- a fun, supportive and committed school team led by passionate leaders;
- a commitment to developing your CPD
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. For further information, or to arrange a visit, please contact the school office.
We are an inclusive school and welcome applications from those of all faiths and none.
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
All applications must be received by Human Resources by 9.00 am, Friday 31 January 2020.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
Our Lady of Lourdes is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful, you will undertake pre-employment checks which will include a Disclosure and Baring Service check.
St Philip Neri with St Bede Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.