SS GABRIEL AND RAPHAEL CATHOLIC SCHOOL
TEACHING ASSISTANT (LEVEL 2)
Hours – 27.5 hours per week – Term Time Only
Salary - Grade 4 - £18,933 x 65%
Required to start September 2021
The Governing Body of Ss Gabriel and Raphael Catholic Primary School are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant for our friendly and inclusive school. We are looking for a suitably qualified person who enjoys working with young children, has a positive disposition and is committed to helping children in the Foundation Phase to feel secure, assist their overall development and be a committed member of an established team.
The post holder will work alongside the FP Leader and the wider Foundation Phase team and will be required to start in September 2021, when all checks have taken place.
Do you have:
• the skills to establish good working relationships with children, acting as a positive role model?
• an excellent understanding and commitment to the philosophy of the Foundation Phase?
• A good knowledge of the seven areas of the foundation phase and the programme of study for literacy and numeracy?
• the skills to supervise and support children both indoors and outdoors in order to support their learning?
• Expertise in developing learning opportunities using the outdoor areas?
• the confidence and skills to complete and maintain written records, including working alongside the teacher to maintain detailed observation notes?
• excellent literacy and communication skills?
• the ability to be a great team player and willing to learn and undertake training?
• the ability to work flexibly under the direction of staff?
We can offer you a supportive and positive working environment during an exciting time of educational change. You will have the opportunity to support the learning through a rich and progressive curriculum.
Closing Dates for applications is Friday 28th May 2021 at 12 noon.
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
St Gabriel & Raphael R.C.P. School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.