Salary £19,650-£20,043 (£11,404-£11,632 pro rata) based on 25 hours per week.
Our school is looking for Teaching Assistants experienced at working with children with additional needs. They will be required to work on a 1:1 basis and occasionally in small groups.
Experience of working with children with challenging behaviour and/or autism is desirable.
To help children access the curriculum in a mainstream classroom. To modify learning materials in order to promote inclusion and to ensure children can access the curriculum.
• To support individual children to access the curriculum, i.e. to facilitate access to lessons reinforcing the teacher’s instructions in a visual format.
• To work to the direction of the teacher and to support the setup of tasks and work systems.
• To help the children work as independently as possible.
• To help supervise children at break times as directed by the teacher
• To help in the preparation and organisation of classroom resources including making adjustments in classroom layout
• To feedback information to the teacher on observed difficulties in understanding or skills.
• To contribute to discussion re. targets in the process of Annual Review
• To lead small group activities within a class, as directed by the teacher
• To liaise with relevant subject leaders regarding the most effective way to support children within the class
• To respect the confidentiality of information relating to children and their families
• To be willing to undertake training consistent with developing skills relevant to your duties and responsibilities
• To help provide a positive ethos within the school so that children feel secure
• To practice and promote fair and equal treatment of staff and children in the performance of their duties
• To be prepared to undertake such duties as may be required by the Headteachers
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.