Job Ref: TA20
Teaching Assistant Level 2 (English and/or History)
Details: Fixed Term (with possibility of permanent), Full Time, Term Time.
Start & End Date: 20th April 2020 until the end of 2020/2021 academic year
Salary: Grade 3, Points 5 - 6, Actual Salary £13,681 - £13,954
31.68 hours per week with 30mins lunch daily.
Monday 8:20am to 4:00pm
Tuesday 8:20am to 3:00pm
Wednesday 8:20am to 3:00pm
Thursday 8:20am to 3:00pm
Friday 8:30am to 3:00pm
We are looking to recruit a SEN specialist teaching assistant to join our passionate and progressive SEND faculty, to help make learning accessible for all students. Subject knowledge of English and/or History required.
We are looking to appoint a positive and enthusiastic person to join our highly supportive and growing team, who wants to work in a school where:
• strong, positive relationships are a strength of the school;
• students are generally taught in mainstream lessons which allows them to thrive in a positive and productive learning environment;
• students of all ages and abilities readily demonstrate an eagerness to learn and make progress across the curriculum;
• outstanding behaviour is apparent throughout the school; students are polite, open and articulate, making it a pleasure to engage with them in lessons;
• the school’s progress 8 score is significantly above average at +1.0 for two consecutive years and ranked in the top 5% nationally;
• Professional Learning is a priority and time for this is integrated into the school day;
• all students, teachers and parents share a common vision to "make a positive difference".
Successful applicants are subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check and satisfactory employment references.
How to apply
If you are interested in this post, please read the Applicant pack for instructions on how to apply.
Please see the documents listed below, which may assist you in making your application:
• Applicant Pack
• Job Description
• Application and Recruitment Process document
Closing date: Wednesday 26th February 2020 at 12am (midnight)
Proposed interview date: Wednesday 11th March 2020
The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. The Trust draws its educational excellence from the established track record of the high quality education provision of Rushey Mead Academy, the Trust's first convertor academy.
TMET provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
Rushey Mead Academy is a thriving, oversubscribed, diverse and happy school with a long history of success. We have been rated by Ofsted as outstanding since 2007 and became one of the first Teaching Schools in 2011.
Rushey Mead Academy is committed to:
• safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
• equal opportunities and equal value for staff and students, prevention of discrimination in its many forms
NO AGENCIES or CV’s PLEASE
We are committed to keeping children and young people safe from harm and abuse and to promoting their welfare, and we expect that everyone who comes to work for us will share the same commitment. Fulfilling this responsibility includes making sure that our recruitment process includes a range of measures to identify those who may be unsuitable to work with children and young people.
In addition, all roles within the school/college are covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975, and are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. These posts may also be subject to further DBS re-checks at appropriate intervals. Further information about what the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 means for applicants is provided on the Application Form. Please note that having a criminal record is not an automatic bar from working with us: whether or not your criminal record has a bearing on the post you have applied for will be carefully considered as part of the recruitment process. This may involve a discussion with yourself about the circumstances and background to your offences