We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Level 2 Teaching Assistant to work within our mainstream EYFS classes. This is an exciting challenge for committed staff with some proven previous experience in early years to come and work within the school. This is initially offered as a fixed term position until 31st July 2020.
Beaconsfield Primary School is a well-resourced, expanding school that offers a very supportive environment to staff and pupils. Our classes are well-equipped with built in class fittings, new furnishings and high quality IT equipment.
We are looking for dynamic, inspirational staff members who have:
• A completed NVQ level 2 or equivalent qualification in an aspect of child care/ early years practice
• some proven experience of working with EYFS pupils within a school learning environment
• excellent numeracy and literacy skills (Equivalent to GCSE Grade A-C) (tested at interview)
• excellent spoken and written English language skills (tested at interview)
• willingness to provide personal care and hygiene to children as required
• ability to co-operate and work as part of a team and to be pro-active in using own initiative
• an ability to manage the behaviour of groups of children within a classroom environment
• a commitment and passion for inclusive education along with a patient, flexible and positive manner
And a staff member who is able to:
• follow differentiated planning, other specialist programmes and individual plans with patience and calmness to ensure pupils are fully participating in activities and sessions.
• build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) which was formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau.
Please contact the school should you wish to discuss this post further or to request additional information. Please note CV’s are not accepted, only completed LBE application forms. Application forms and job descriptions can be downloaded from the school website.
Beaconsfield Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Full DBS and previous employment checks are made for all our posts.