The Governors at Ysgol Bae Baglan wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant Level 3 - Behaviour Support . This post will initially be for for 2 years, 32.30 hours/39 weeks.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an all through, 3-16 school, working throughout all key stages.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is prepared to play a part in developing this new and exciting role.
You must relate well to young people, collaborate effectively with other adults and work constructively as part of a team. You will need to be an enthusiastic team player with the ability to use initiative, work independently and stay organised. You will have good interpersonal skills and an ability to prioritise work to deadlines.
You will need to be confident in the use of technology.
This new post will involve :
• Help pupils to overcome barriers to learning, with a particular focus on Behavioural, Social and Emotional needs.
• Delivering pastoral support to pupils.
• To support pupils and teachers in restorative practices
• Attend to pupils’ personal needs and provide advice to assist in their social, health & hygiene development.
• Assist the teacher with the development and implementation of IDPs
• Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model.
• Provide information and advice to enable pupils to make choices about their own learning/behaviour/attendance.
• Challenge and motivate pupils, promote and reinforce self-esteem.
• Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress, achievement, behaviour, attendance etc.
• Provide immediate support to staff and pupils in managing behaviour within school.
Neath Port Talbot Council is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our schools are equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing.
The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure (Child).