TREF-Y-RHYG PRIMARY SCHOOL
The Avenue, Tonyrefail CF39 8PR
Teaching Assistant (Level 3)
Hours: 27½ Hours per Week - Term Time Only
Salary - Grade 6 - £21,748 x 65%
Required as soon as possible
Tref-Y-Rhyg is a small, English-medium primary school located in the community of Tonyrefail. Tref-Y-Rhyg is a happy and friendly school where we value pupil voice and we are committed to improving the life opportunities for the children in our care.
The Governing Body are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated Teaching Assistant who will be able to work throughout the school, alongside class teachers supporting individuals and groups in their learning. The successful applicant will have excellent literacy and numeracy skills and be able to work as part of a team. The successful candidate will also have an understanding of children’s social, emotional and behavioural needs as a barrier to learning.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant:
• With enthusiasm and commitment to enable every child to be successful
• With the ability to deliver literacy and numeracy interventions
• With an innovative and flexible approach, who is quick to learn and take on new initiatives
• With the skills to establish good working relationships with children, acting as a positive role model
• Who is Committed to the highest expectations of achievement and behaviour and to continuous school improvement
• Who enjoys a challenge and has the determination to make a difference
• Who is able to develop positive relationships with all members of the school community
• Who is committed to professional development
• To work in compliance with whole school safeguarding measures
• Who has the ability to undertake general admin duties such as photocopying, laminating and display work
We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates who share our commitment to developing a school where all children achieve their potential and more in a nurturing, supportive environment.
Closing Dates for applications: Friday 21st May 2021 at 12 noon.
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Tref-Y-Rhyg Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.