Job Title: Teaching Assistant (level 3) – working 1:1 – 32.5 hours per week (term time only)
Location: Bishop Sutton Primary School, Wick Road, Bishop Sutton, Bristol. BS39 5XD
Closing Date: Friday 7th June 2019
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Contract: This post is temporary depending on funding and the named pupil being on roll at the school
Hours: 32.5 hours 8:30am – 3:30pm (half hour lunch) Term time only Monday to Friday
Grade and Salary: SCP 7 actual salary £14,889 per annum
Advert Details: Applications are invited from experienced teaching assistants, qualified up to NVQ level 3 or equivalent for the above post in our outstanding Primary School. The success applicant will begin post on 1st September 2019. This is a 1:1 support role, working with a Reception child with Down Syndrome, who has an EHCP to support his learning, communication, social and emotional and physical needs. This post is temporary depending on funding and the named pupil being on roll at the school.
The successful candidate will:
• Have high expectations of pupil achievement and will be skilled at supporting a child with a range of learning, social and emotional needs.
• Be enthusiastic about working with children in an educational environment and committed to supporting their learning.
• Have good communication and teamwork skills, and work collaboratively with teaching staff, other support staff and outside agencies.
• Experience of using Makaton or willingness to undertake training
• Be willing to undertake personal care duties
• A friendly and supportive staff team.
• A school graded as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2012, providing excellent teaching and learning.
• Caring and respectful pupils who are proud of their school and work with independence and enthusiasm.
• Commitment to CPD opportunities.
• A supportive team of governors.
• Opportunities to work collaboratively across the federation.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school to make an appointment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check
If you would like more information on the role or to book a visit please contact the school office on 01275 33 28 17
Federation of Bishop Sutton and Stanton Drew Primary Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.