DOLAU PRIMARY SCHOOL
BRIDGEND RD, LLANHARAN, PONTYCLUN, RCT, CF72 9RP
TEACHING ASSISTANT – LEVEL 4
Hours: 27.5 Hours Per Week - Term Time Only
Salary: Grade 7 - £24,491 x 65% per annum
Required: September 2021
The governing body of Dolau Primary school are seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to lead and manage the nursery class.
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to lead and inspire staff and children
• Be innovative, reliable and flexible with a positive outlook.
• Have high expectations of themselves and those around them
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Work well with the whole school community to ensure the very best experience for our children
• Provide pupils with the best possible start to their education.
• Have a relevant qualification – HLTA or degree in education/childcare.
In return we can offer:
• a strong commitment to professional development
• a school with high aspirations and a genuine opportunity to make a difference
• an opportunity to help shape the future of teaching and learning
• a dedicated and supportive team of governors.
Closing Dates for applications: Friday 25th June 2021 at 12 noon.
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Dolau Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.