We are looking to employ a passionate and enthusiastic specialist teaching assistant to join our dedicated team.
The Directors of the Blue Kite Academy Trust are looking to employ a passionate and enthusiastic specialist teaching assistant to join our dedicated team, here at Ruskin Junior School.
Salary: Pay Grade L £10.19 per hour to £11.72 per hour depending on experience.
The hours are Monday to Friday 8.45am until 3.15pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. You will be working until 4pm on Thursday to attend a staff meeting. Each day includes a 15 minute unpaid break in the morning and 30 minute unpaid lunch break. Total hours 29.5 per week. This is a term time contract plus TD days.
Our Special Resource Provision provides education for up to 9 pupils aged 7 – 11 with a diagnosis of ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition) or SCID (Social Communication Interaction Difficulty). This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a rapidly improving school in a vibrant and stimulating environment.
Our children, staff and directors would like to work with someone who is:
- Passionate to work alongside and support our children in gaining full access to the curriculum
- Kind, caring, and calm
- Imaginative, dedicated, creative and intuitive
- Well organised, flexible, and works well under pressure
The right candidate will be able to show:
- The ability to work as part of a team and use initiative to create a positive learning environment
- Excellent attendance and reliability
- They are comfortable working in either a one to one, small group or classroom environment
- They have high expectations of attainment and behaviour
We can offer:
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
- A supportive environment within a large, well-resourced and friendly school team
- Amazing children to work with
We look forward to hearing from you!
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by prior arrangement. For further information please contact Ms Gerry Francome, School Business Officer to arrange.
Please note that the school is not able to accept applications by CV. All applications must be submitted on application form provided.
There may be further opportunity to apply for roles available from September 2020.
Interviews to be held on : 23rd March 2020
Ruskin Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore it is imperative that you provide all relevant information requested in order to meet this commitment. All appointments are subject to the receipt of an enhanced DBS criminal records check, satisfactory references and medical clearance and proof of the Right to Work in the UK (this will be required at the time of interview).
Ruskin Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.