Teaching Assistants (one to one SEN support) required for December 2019, or as soon as possible thereafter, in Ofsted rated 'Good' school
Could you be an enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant and are you looking for a new challenge? Bell Farm, a large and growing primary school with a nursery set in extensive grounds, is looking for Teaching Assistants, to work one to one with SEN children, to join our strong team.
Bell Farm received a continuing ‘Good’ rating from Ofsted in March 2019, with the inspection praising a “strongly inclusive culture” that “helps this large school to feel like a family where everyone is known, listened to and cared for.” Our beautiful grounds are enjoyed by friendly and polite pupils who are eager to learn, supported by a welcoming community of staff, parents and governors all working together.
Here’s a recent testimony from one of our HLTAs:
“That’s the thing about Bell Farm, you really feel like you are part of a community, as a parent and as a member of staff. The school equipped me with the support and knowledge that I needed to do my job well - each year brings new opportunities for staff to develop their professional career. I have never looked back and can truly say I love my job.”
We can offer you:
● Individually-tailored CPD; Bell Farm is committed to the development of inspired, confident and passionate support staff.
● A supportive and strong Senior Leadership Team that leads the school with clear goals.
● Free places at Breakfast Club for any children that attend Bell Farm during working hours.
● An Employee Assistance Programme, offering confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
● MyBenefits: a reward scheme for employees of Surrey County Council.
● A weekly Business Manager award, to recognise a member of staff who has made an outstanding contribution to the team.
● A termly reward to a member of staff drawn at random from those with 100% attendance.
● An annual reward to all members of staff with 100% attendance.
● Free teas and coffees during breaks.
The appointments will be Monday to Friday for 32.5 hours a week, term-time only (including three INSET days a year). The working hours for these roles is 8.20am to 3.20pm, including a midday meal and play supervision and half an hour unpaid lunch break. These are temporary positions, attached to children with special education needs (SEN), that will come to an end when each respective child leaves the school. We have a number of children that require support with potential leaving dates ranging from 2020 to 2026.
The annual salary for these roles is as per PS3 on the Surrey Pay Scale. As these are term time only roles the actual annual salary paid is within the range of £13,189 - £13,895, which is pro-rata of the full time equivalent (FTE) of £17,316 to £18,242.
So please contact the school office to arrange a visit - we’re situated less than a mile from both Hersham and Walton-on-Thames train stations, with fast trains into Waterloo taking just 26 minutes. Often featured on lists of the best places to live and raise a family, Walton-on-Thames is renowned for its pretty towpath, open spaces and friendly pubs, shops and cafes.
Closing date: 8am on Monday 4th November 2019
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 12th November 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the school.
Bell Farm Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and if necessary will need to complete, satisfactorily, a childcare (disqualification) regulation, staff declaration form.