Permanent, part-time (20 hours per week) term time only plus inset days, 8.30am to 12.30pm Monday to Friday, to start as soon as possible.
VTG 5 Scale Point 12 -15 £16,774 – 17,761 per annum, pro rata (actual salary £7,755 - £8,211 per annum) + Health Cash Plan and Benefits Package.
We are seeking a dedicated individual who has a passion for helping young people and who is committed to raising the attainment and aspiration of our pupils. The successful candidate will be expected to work under the direction of the class teacher to support the children across a number of curriculum areas, including small group work.
The Kingfisher School is part of the Venturers Trust family of schools. Working together with other Trust schools we are committed to providing each child with an exceptional education in an empathetic, supportive environment.
The Kingfisher School provides education from Nursery through to Year 6. We have a brand-new school built which provides amazing facilities for all our pupils from Nursery to Year 6.
Working together we will ensure that the values on which the school is founded drive our development forward so that The Kingfisher School offers children the strongest foundation for learning.
The successful candidate will have:
• A desire to take an active part in ensuring all pupils achieve more than they ever thought possible.
• Minimum of a relevant and recognised Level 2 qualification
• Experience of using Makaton
• A GCSE grade of C or higher in English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications)
• A proficiency in improving basic numeracy and literacy with specialist skills in literacy that will enable you to work with targeted individuals.
• Be able to build strong relationships with pupils and establish positive behaviour for learning.
In return you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Higher Degree Support Funding, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive plus others.
Closing date: Wednesday 27th November 2019 at 9:00. Interviews: TBC.
Please note due to the expected volume of applications it may not be possible to acknowledge or respond to all applicants.
Kingfisher School is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to
equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS
check is required for all staff.