Teaching Assistant with Pastoral
Hours: 30 hours per week (8.30-3pm) 44.66 weeks Permanent
Required from: ASAP
Salary: NJC SCP 4-6 £9.81-£10.21
Are you an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant with high expectations?
We are looking for someone who could be working anywhere from Nursery to Year 6. They would be supporting individual pupils with SEN who are in need of short-term additional help in the classroom, as well as working as a general TA and cover when needed.
In the afternoons, you would run a range of 1:1 and group interventions with children across the school focused around social, emotional and mental health difficulties, under the guidance of the SENCO. This would likely include social skills groups, work with our Young Carers and individual work around self-esteem, bereavement, anxiety and anger management.
The successful candidates will:
- Be enthusiastic, highly motivated and committed to our ethos and values.
- Have a proven track record in a childcare setting.
- Have the drive and energy to enthuse and inspire young children.
- Believe in providing fun and engaging learning experiences and developing curiosity.
- Be committed to high standards and continued professional development.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
In return we offer:
- A caring and supportive workplace where everyone is valued.
- A strong commitment to your on-going professional development.
- Opportunities across our schools for future progression.
If you have the qualities we are looking for and want to become part of something special, then please submit your application form.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact us to arrange to come and visit: phone 01793-531025.
Closing Date: 5 November 2021 12pm
Shortlisting: 5 November 2021
Interview Dates: 12 November 2021
As an Academy we work within the support of Excalibur Academies Trust, which offers our employees many wide ranging opportunities for future professional development.
Liden Academy and Excalibur Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Liden Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.