Strathmore is a forward-thinking and innovative special school with a very exciting future ahead of us.
We have recently moved into purpose built accommodation co-located with local, inclusive minded mainstream Primary and Secondary schools.
We are a happy, positive and hard working day special school for learners with complex learning difficulties. 60% of pupils have an additional diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorders or have additional physical and sensory disabilities. Our pupils come from all parts of the borough and from neighbouring boroughs. We work closely with our colleagues from Educational Psychology, Health and Social Care to ensure that our learners receive all the support and challenge they need to achieve. Every pupil has an individual learning programme that details what and how they are learning, including input from Speech and Language, Occupational, Physiotherapy and Music Therapy. We also have a Play Therapist in school and our Family Support Worker provides invaluable encouragement and information to our families. 100% of parents said that their child is happy and enjoys school and that they would recommend Strathmore.
We have very high aspirations for all of our learners and high expectations of ourselves.
100% of our staff said they feel positive and happy coming to work each day (Staff Survey, May 2017)
Successful candidates will:
• Have experience of working with children and young adults. Experience of working with children with SLD/PMLD/ASD is an advantage;
• Have very good Communication and Numeracy skills;
• Have the ability to support and encourage children to learn to play and develop;
• Have an enthusiastic, imaginative and caring approach to children with Special Educational Needs and disabilities;
• Be able to work as part of a team and build positive relationships;
• Have high expectations of pupils’ achievements relating to learning, independence and behaviour;
• Be able to show initiative and be prepared to take responsibility for delivering programmes to individual and small groups of pupils;
We offer you:
• Excellent professional development and promotion opportunities;
• Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors;
• A well-resourced school;
• The opportunity to make a significant, positive contribution to the learning and experiences of the pupils in this unique Special School.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the post, you will need to email your CV and a cover letter. Your cover letter needs to address the below points:
1. Why are you applying for the role of Teaching Assistant/ Play Leader?
2. What is your interest and experience in SEN?
3. What can you bring to the role?
Closing date for applications: Thursday 10th October 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 21st October 2019
Please email CVs to Annushka St Paul, Trust HR Manager.
This post is physical in nature and may present emotional and physical demands not common in mainstream schools. The Auriga Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Check with a check of the DBS Barred List.
Strathmore School is committed to providing equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced criminal record check with the DBS.