Hours: Preference to be discussed at interview but would either be:
12 hours Thursdays & Fridays 8:30am-3:30pm term time only OR
12 hours 30 minutes, Monday – Friday 1pm-3.30pm term time only
Salary: Hay 10
12 hours (£5,424 - £5,872 per annum)
12.5 hours (£5,650 - £6,116 per annum)
This is a temporary post subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
Are you an enthusiastic, experienced Teaching Assistant who enjoys working 1:1 supporting SEN children in a mainstream setting? If so, Bowsland Green Primary School is seeking to employ a SEN Teaching Assistant to support a pupil in Year 3 with speech, language and communication needs and associated learning difficulties.
This part-time team teach role requires you to work alongside another support worker currently supporting a Year 3 pupil Monday-Wednesday. The hours for this posts are 8:30am-3:30pm every Thursday and Friday OR daily 1pm-3:30pm (preference to be discussed at interview). We are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will require a minimum of level 2 Teaching Assistant or equivalent. Previous experience of working with children in an educational setting is required and some vocational training/qualification in the care, development or education of children would be desirable. Knowledge and experience of supporting children with learning difficulties, social communication difficulties and Autism is also desirable, however we are open to candidates with a range of skill sets and experiences of working with children and young adults with special educational needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed and versatile person to join our passionate team of staff. We are able to offer you:
• Superb pupils who are confident and enthusiastic learners.
• A positive community school with strong links with local cluster schools and the local community.
• A commitment to professional development and exciting further training opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge in relation to supporting our pupils.
• A fully supportive SENCo to develop your professional development.
• Non-contact planning time (1 hour per week).
• Exciting further training opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge in the Early Years setting and SEN training in relation to supporting our pupils.
• Brilliant families, keen to work in partnership to ensure their children achieve the best possible outcomes.
• A skilled, committed and positive staff team – a team that work exceptionally hard and exude positivity and humour.
• A mentor who will support your induction at the school.
Please apply if:
• You are flexible, versatile and resilient in a rapidly changing work environment and enjoy working as a team.
• You are an excellent communicator.
• You have high expectations of what all pupils can achieve and are able to motivate and inspire confidence in pupils.
• You have a basic knowledge of IT skills and understand how IT can be used to support learning.
• You are keen to undertake further training.
• You want to be a part of the whole school development process.
Applicants are invited to a school tour on Thursday 27th February at 1pm.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Closing date: Wednesday 4th March at 12pm
Interview date – Week beginning 9th March
Bowsland Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.