Hours: 32 hours 30 minutes per week, term time only. 8.30am – 3.30pm including 30 minutes unpaid lunchbreak.
Salary: Hay 10 (£15,414 - £16,358 per annum)
This is a temporary post subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
We are recruiting for an SEN Teaching Assistant to support a pupil in Year 5 with an Education, Health and Care Plan. This post will entail a combination of 1-2-1 and group support, both within and outside of the classroom, to enable pupils to learn effectively. The role will also involve delivering tailored programmes of intervention with small groups and support during lunchtimes.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate team member who is interested in supporting pupils to learn effectively and have a positive impact upon pupil outcomes.
Previous experience of supporting pupils with special educational needs is essential. We are looking for a candidate who has particular skills in the following areas:
• Attachment difficulties
• Social, emotional and mental health
• Self-esteem and learning resilience
• Support with friendships and social activities
The successful candidate will require a good standard of education, normally evidenced by 3 or more GCSEs (including Mathematics and English) at Grade C or above or other equivalents.
The successful candidate should possess NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants/ other relevant qualification or significant relevant experience of working with children in an educational context.
Appropriate training and access to relevant CPD will be provided for the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a positive vision of children’s education and how children learn effectively
• Have experience of working with children including those with additional needs
• Be an advocate for children with additional needs and determined to help them be successful
• Be passionate and determined that for every child can reach their potential
• Possess the skills to work collaboratively with other members of the team in order to provide effective support for pupils
• Hold and model high expectations for pupil behaviour and learning
• Display a positive attitude towards their work and be friendly and approachable to all members of our school community
In return, we can offer:
• A welcoming environment in which the needs of pupils are at the centre of all that we do
• A dedicated team with a wide range of experience
• Access to continued professional learning
• The opportunity to join a school at the start of an exciting journey of improvement
Completed forms can be sent by email to the school
Closing date : Monday 12th October 2020 @ 9:00am
Shortlisting : Monday 12th October 2020
Interview date : Friday 16th October 2020
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Christ Church Hanham CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.