Teaching Assistant, Full Time (SEN)
This job is temporary linked to funding for a child with an EHCP and subject to the child remaining at this school.
SCP Grade 3 points 5 -6, £19,312 - £19,698 pro rata TTO.
Actual Pay £11,194 - £11,677 per annum
Hours of work to be Monday – Friday 9am – 3.05 pm with an hour break for lunch. 5 hours & 5 mins per day / 25 hours & 25 mins per week.
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated, caring and committed professional to join our enthusiastic and supportive team, starting ASAP. The successful candidate will be working alongside the class teacher to provide a high standard of support and will need to be able to plan, deliver and monitor learning opportunities to meet the needs of the individual child.
You will need to be an enthusiastic, adaptable and motivated individual who:
- is passionate about promoting learning and achievement for all.
- has experience of working with children with special educational needs on a 1-1 basis
- has excellent communication skills to establish positive home/school relationships.
- has a helpful, caring and understanding nature.
- willing to provide intimate care if necessary.
- has proficient skills in literacy and numeracy.
- has the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
You will be required to:
- Work with the individual or with small groups of children under the direction of the class teacher.
- Support the child with their additional personal needs whilst implementing planned learning activities/programmes as agreed with the class teacher.
- Show initiative and flexibility
- Build effective relationships with children, parents and colleagues.
We can offer you:
- a friendly and welcoming school
- happy pupils and staff
- a supportive leadership team and governing body
Closing Date: Monday 5th March no later than 12 noon.
It is anticipated interviews will take place the week beginning 8th March.
Oldfield Park Infants School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.