Teaching Assistant (SEN)
Grade: Grade 4 (pts 7-10) £20,092 – £21,322 pa pro rata
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Berkeley Primary school are seeking to appoint an exceptional, committed individual who can provide 1:1 support for a pupil with additional needs. We would like to appoint a team player, who will support the aims and core values of the school.
In addition to this, we would like a teaching assistant who:
- has experience working with pupils demonstrating challenging behaviour and/or SEMH needs
- can build effective, trusting relationships with children
- is patient but assertive
- is a positive role model
- has high expectations
- is flexible, adaptable and able to act proactively to unpredictable situations
- is organised, self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- is reflective and fully committed to continued professional development
- can foster excellent working relationships with staff, parents and other professionals
In return we can offer:
- Enthusiastic, motivated and happy children
- Creative, inspirational and friendly staff to work alongside
- Excellent pastoral support
- Highly supportive parents/carers and governors
- A school that the local community is proud of
- Good opportunities for individual growth and development
- A reflective and forward-thinking environment
The post is for 16.25 hours a week, term-time only for the duration of the child’s time at the school.
This is a fixed-term contract which is attached to the child therefore if the child leaves the school or the circumstances/needs of the child change the contract will end subject to the required notice period.
We would like the successful candidate to start as soon as possible, depending on their existing commitments.
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged depending on the current government Covid-19 guidance. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff, and volunteers, to share the same commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Completed applications should be returned to the school by Monday 15th March 2021.
Interview date Wednesday 24th March 2021
Berkeley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.