Required from October 2021 dependent of checks and training requirements
2 x full time SEND TAS at 28.75 hours (Actual salary £11,820.97 - £12,090.62)
1x Part time SEND TA at 15 hours (Actual salary £6,167.46 - £6,308.15)
Bristol Grade 5 SCP 12-15 (£17,842- £18,249 FTE)
- Are you a qualified Teaching Assistant with an understanding of SEN looking for an opportunity to develop your career?
- Do you have a level 3 TA qualification or equivalent?
- Do you want to work as part of a supportive and caring team?
- Are you prepared to go the extra mile in order to achieve the best outcomes for our children?
- Do you have experience supporting children with SEND needs?
- Can you provide a patient and nurturing approach to help develop a child’s love of learning?
We are a large, exciting, multicultural and multi faith Church of England Primary Academy located in the heart of Bristol. We wish to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and skilled Teaching Assistant to join our caring and supportive team.
The successful candidate will:
- Be creative and enjoy making their provision fun in order to inspire, motivate, engage and enthuse our pupils to love learning and aspire for great things;
- Be able to deliver effective provision to meet the needs of individuals and groups of children.
- Demonstrate a commitment towards raising standards within a diverse school community;
- Be a team player with good communication skills and willing to work flexibly alongside a range of children and adults.
- Have a range of effective positive behaviour management skills;
- Have a clear understanding of the importance of assessment and a clear understanding of SEND procedures and processes.
- Have a clear understanding of how children develop their language through their time at primary school.
- Be willing to contribute to the broader life of the school community.
- Positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children;
- Be sympathetic to the values and aims of a Church of England Primary Academy
At Fishponds CE Academy, we can offer you:
- An exciting, diverse, multi-cultural and multi faith community;
- Fantastic, enthusiastic, well behaved and engaging children who are keen to learn;
- Brilliantly supportive staff and parents
- A commitment to your professional development;
- The opportunity to use your expertise to make positive differences to others.
For more information about our school, do visit our website.
Fishponds CE Academy is part of the Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust. Please see their website for more information and how our schools fits into the Trust
Applications must be on our Academy application form and returned via Eteach to the school before noon on Tuesday October 12th 2021. CVs will not be considered.
We very much look forward to your application.
Closing date: 9am on Tuesday 12th October 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 19th October 2021
We value diversity and welcome applications from all groups. Men and colleagues from minority ethnic groups are currently under-represented on our staff. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicants.