Teaching Assistant (SEN)
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 16 hours per week, term time only (over 5 days)
Salary: Hay 9 (£8,546 - £9,435 per annum)
This is a temporary post subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school
Hanham Abbots Junior School is seeking to appoint a highly organised and motivated SEN Teaching Assistant to join our team and work with a Year 3 pupil with physical needs + SLCN (speech, language and communication needs).
We want a person who:
• has GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Maths;
• has experience of working with pupils with physical needs and SLCN.
• has high expectations of themselves and the pupils they work with;
• has a calm, positive and pro-active approach to supporting pupils within the classroom;
• can work effectively with a range of colleagues and other professionals to best meet the needs of the pupil;
• is self-improving and willing to extend their skills and experience.
Closing date: Monday 7th February 2022, 12.00 noon
The post is subject to matrix funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people, and all staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Some roles may need to comply with the Childcare Act 2006, and the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2018 where additional disclosure of information will be required
Hanham Abbots Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.