An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate(s) to support learning and teaching at Bishop Gilpin C of E Primary School in Wimbledon.
We are an inclusive and welcoming school for our children, parents and staff. Morale and well being of our excellent staff team was 100% positive in our most recent anonymous survey (July 2021).
- Working with our positive and highly skilled class teachers
- Supporting a pupil 1:1, recognising and responding to their individual needs
- Working with the teacher to organise appropriate learning environment and resources
- Deliver learning activities to pupils within agreed system of supervision, adjusting activities according to pupil responses/needs
- Demonstrate a commitment to working in an outstanding environment with excellent continuing professional development.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Highly motivated and engaged children and staff
- A very happy, ambitious, supportive, friendly team in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
- Access to our employee assistance programme and on-site mental health and well being support.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- Meet Teaching Assistant standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Previous experience working with children with special educational needs
- Ability to respond to the needs of a child with flexibility and initiative
- Experience of delivery of OT, S&L and/or PT programme (desirable)
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
- A positive, can-do attitude
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
Please note that we reserve the right to interview and appoint early for exceptional candidates.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our career page and school website.
Bishop Gilpin CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its children. The successful candidate will require a full DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check to be performed.
Bishop Gilpin is an equal opportunities employer.
Only applications submitted on the official application form will be considered.