We are looking to employ a passionate and enthusiastic specialist teaching assistant to join our dedicated team.
The Directors of the Blue Kite Academy Trust are looking to employ a passionate and enthusiastic specialist teaching assistant to join our dedicated team, here at Ruskin Junior School.
Salary: Pay Grade L £10.19 per hour to £11.72 per hour depending on experience.
The hours are Monday to Friday 8.45am until 3.15pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. You will be working until 4pm on Thursday to attend a staff meeting. Each day includes a 15 minute unpaid break in the morning and 30 minute unpaid lunch break. Total hours 29.5 per week. This is a term time contract plus TD days.
Our Special Resource Provision provides education for up to 9 pupils aged 7 – 11 with a diagnosis of ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition) or SCID (Social Communication Interaction Difficulty). This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a rapidly improving school in a vibrant and stimulating environment.
Our children, staff and directors would like to work with someone who is:
- Passionate about helping children achieve and access the full curriculum. Calm, caring and kind.
- Imaginative, fun, creative and dedicated and spontaneous
- Flexible, has the ability to work under pressure and are well organised.
- Able to put the needs of the children first.
The right candidate will be able to show:
- The ability to work as part of a team and use initiative to create a positive learning environment
- They are comfortable working on a one to one with a child, in a small group or classroom environment. Ability to manage challenging behaviour and provide personal care as needed.
- They have high expectations of attainment and behaviour .
We can offer:
- Amazing children to work with.
- Brilliant parents who work in partnership with the team.
- A great supportive team - in the Special Resource Provision, across the the school and the Federation.
- A rapidly improving school in a vibrant and stimulating environment with amazing resources.
- Excellent opportunities for personal development and support from a very experienced lead.
- Every day being different!
We look forward to hearing from you! Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by prior arrangement.
For further information please contact Ms Gerry Francome, School Business Officer to arrange.
Please note that the school is not able to accept applications by CV. All applications must be submitted on application form provided.
Shortlisting: Dates to be confirmed
Interviews: Dates to be confirmed.
Ruskin Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore it is imperative that you provide all relevant information requested in order to meet this commitment. All appointments are subject to the receipt of an enhanced DBS criminal records check, satisfactory references and medical clearance and proof of the Right to Work in the UK (this will be required at the time of interview).
Ruskin Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.