Teaching Assistant (Speech & Language)
Point: B3 7-11, £20,092 - £21,748 per annum, term time only pro rata
(32.5 hours per week term time only)
Required from September 2021
The Governors of St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School (Hunslet) Leeds are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant with responsibility for speech and language intervention to join the dedicated team of staff that take care of and nurture the children and families in the community.
The successful candidate will;
• Be supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school
• Have an excellent standard of spoken English
• Be highly motivated to support vulnerable children
• Keen to work with a range of different partners to meet the needs of our children and their families
• Have experience of delivering bespoke speech and language programmes
• Proven ability of liaising with specialist educational services
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in a team
• Be committed to the school and will contribute to all aspects of school life.
In return St. Joseph’s can offer you;
• Enthusiastic, happy, well-behaved children.
• Friendly and supportive staff within a welcoming school environment.
• Ongoing professional development opportunities
• A supportive Governing Body and Parish
• A school where parents and carers are extremely supportive
Application packs are available by download from Eteach or from the school. (Please note the CES application form must be used.)
Visits to school are welcomed.
Closing Date: 12p.m. Thursday 1st July 2021
Interview Date: Monday 12th July 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS certificate and registration with the update service.
St Joseph's Catholic Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.