Part- time / Full- time Teaching Assistant with SMSA duties
Temporary until Jul ’20
We are a popular and welcoming four form entry junior school. No day is ever the same with our 480 pupils, 62% of whom are EAL and we celebrate our diversity.
Teaching Assistant required for 21.25 hours per week (5 mornings) as soon as possible. There is a possibility that this role may become fulltime depending on the needs of our school. The successful candidate must have relevant qualifications and experience in a similar role. This role will be graded on Scale C (point depending on experience).
In addition to this role you will be required to carry out lunchtime (midday supervisor) duties from 12.25 -1.25 pm. This will be graded at Scale point A1. Both roles will be paid pro-rata.
We are looking for someone:
- With experience of working with Junior aged children (further qualifications an advantage i.e. NNEB or NVQ Level3)
- Able to work as part of a team, building positive relationships with staff, pupils, parent’s /guardian’s
- Who as high expectations of pupil’s achievements regarding learning, independence and behavior
- Able to show initiative and be prepared to take responsibility for individual children or a small group
- With an ability to upload documents to our school website and support with computing welcome but not essential.
In return we can offer:
- Well behaved pupils who are eager to learn
- A motivated, enthusiastic and welcoming staff
- Supportive parents & Governors
- Well-resourced classrooms
- Excellent training opportunities
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to carry out an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications: 11th November 2019 at 11.00 a.m.
Interviews will be held on: 13th November (times to be confirmed)
At Burlington we provide a warm, stimulating, welcoming environment which gives a secure foundation for all children to become happy, confident, caring individuals who achieve personal success and develop a lifelong love of learning.