Teaching Assistants X 2
Role 1 (am): 17.5 hours per week term time only (Monday to Friday 9am to 12.30pm)
Salary: Hay 9 (£9,097 - £10,233 per annum)
Role 2 (pm): 12.5 hours per week term time only (Monday to Friday 12.30pm to 3pm)
Salary: Hay 9 (£6,498 - £7,309 per annum)
These hours will be flexible for the right candidate
This is a temporary post subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
We are looking to appoint 2 highly skilled and experienced, caring and enthusiastic individuals to provide 1:1 support for a pupil who is currently in the Year 2.
We are looking for a committed person who:
- has a proven ability to support pupils with additional needs, including those with SEMH and an avoidant profile;
- has experience of working with children outside of the class room on a 1:1 basis
- has experience of working with children with EHC plans or statements and implementing the outcomes or objectives;
- is committed to the well-being of all children;
- has some experience of delivering OT sessions on a group or 1:1 basis
- is committed to developing pupils’ independence.
- can help to develop social skills and establish positive relationships with children and adults.
- champions vulnerable children
-is committed to supporting the strong Christian ethos of the school;
- Loves their job and puts children’s needs at the heart of every decision they make.
The successful candidate will
• be resilient
• Remain optimistic and positive in challenging situations
• Be willing to find alternative strategies to break through barriers and negative behaviour patterns.
• Show good personal emotional literacy and self-regulation
• Demonstrate an ability to personalise learning when necessary in order to meet the child's needs
• Work effectively as part of a staff team
• Communicate well with parents
• Be able to works towards individual targets
We can offer a warm and nurturing working environment as well as a leadership team dedicated to offering professional development opportunities. We have an outstanding SENCO as well as an exceptional TA team who would be willing to support any successful applicant.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Applicants must be in sympathy with the school’s strong caring ethos. At this time school visits cannot be considered, however if you are interested in the role, please call the school to discuss further.
Closing date 25th May 2020
To shortlist and inform on 1st June 2020
Zoom Interviews W/C 8th June 2020
Frampton Cotterell CE VC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.