Teaching Assistant (Year 1)
A1 point 2, £18,328 pro rata
29.15 hours per week
Temporary with a view to becoming permanent
The Bramham Shadwell Federation is seeking to appoint a Year 1 Teaching Assistant and excellent practitioner to start as soon as possible or when notice period allows. This position is temporary, 29.15 hours per week, term time only with a strong possibility of becoming permanent. The post holder will also provide lunchtime cover 2 1/2 hours per week, included within these hours.
You will work in year 1 providing general teaching assistant duties, working with our friendly staff team and under the guidance of the class teacher. This rewarding position is ideal for graduates, NQT's not yet appointed, or anyone seeking to pursue a teaching career in their future.
In Bramham and Shadwell Primary schools we have a supportive, hardworking staff, working within our innovative Federation; bringing together two village schools under one Executive Head Teacher and one Governing Body. Our Federation brings about lots of opportunities for collaboration, development and professional expansion. We expect the very best from our children and in return, we give them the very best education.
In this way, you will need to be:
• An outstanding practitioner with an existing understanding of or willingness to learn the New National Curriculum;
• Able to work collaboratively and be an effective team player;
• Highly passionate and creative with good organisational skills;
• Determined and inspirational; demonstrating passion and love for the children you work with;
In return, we can offer:
• Wonderful children who are brilliantly behaved, wonderfully motivated and encouraged by their supportive parents;
• A high-performing, dedicated and professional team
• A commitment to outstanding professional development with cross-Federation opportunities, led by a talented and driven SLT
• A developing, child-centred learning environment which will support and enrich your planning and teaching.
This post will be based at Bramham Primary; the successful candidate will be offered a Federated contract which means that you have the capacity to experience both schools and may be asked to work in either school.
We will contact shortlisted candidates with the next stage of the recruitment process taking into account Government advice at the time, however, successful applicants must plan to attend a 'socially distanced' interview and task on Thursday 11th November.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service Check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Bramham & Shadwell Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.