TEMPORARY LEVEL 2 TEACHING ASSISTANTS
25 HOURS / WEEK
(Temporary until 31/8/20 in the first instance)
Job Description: TEACHING ASSISTANT LEVEL 2 (multiple posts)
Responsible to: ALN Support Officer
Salary: Grade 4, Scp 5-6 (£18,795-£19,171) pro rata, per annum (25 hours / 39 weeks per year)
The closing date for applications is 4pm Friday 14th June 2019.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 20th June 2019.
The successful candidates will be required to commence work on Monday 2nd September 2019.
The governors of this successful 11 -18 school, wish to appoint a number of suitably qualified and experienced individuals as a teaching assistants (TA) to work supporting pupils in mainstream education.
The successful candidates will work under the direct supervision of the ALN Support Officer offering support to mainstream ALN pupils and/or STF pupils (Aspergers/ASD).
We are seeking highly skilled colleagues who have proven experience of working with ALN pupils. We are looking for qualities, skills and experience to include:
• Excellent academic qualifications up to A’ Level standard;
• Knowledge of the needs of ALN pupils, in particular knowledge of ASD would be an advantage;
• The ability to deliver subject support across the whole range of curriculum areas, in collaboration with teaching staff;
• Establish positive relations with the pupils and assist them to work independently in all areas in order to facilitate transition to higher education;
• To assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs);
• To be empathetic to our pupils’ needs whilst having the drive to encourage them to meet their potential;
• The ability to work effectively under pressure;
• The ability to work well within a team;
• ICT skills that enable you to make the best use of new technology to support teaching and learning;
• A commitment to do extra duties to cover for absent colleagues as and when necessary;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Energy, enthusiasm, patience and a sense of humour.
Successful applicants will be required to:
• Assist with assessment of pupil progression
• Assist with the overview of Schemes of Work
• Assist with exam invigilation for KS4 pupils (training provided)
All applicants should be aware that if successful they will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to new legislation as it is introduced.
Gowerton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.