Teaching Assistants (Term time, however bank/casual hours are also considered)
Required to start on Tuesday 1st September (or as soon as possible).
Salary is based on Surrey Pay PS3 (£17,663 - £18,607 Full Time Equivalent)
Actual/pro-rata salary is £12,557 - £13,228
(29.75 hours per week, 39 weeks per year )
Working Hours are Mon-Fri 8:50am-3:20pm, term time only.
There are also further opportunities to work additional hours at our established After School Club
Portesbery School is a very special school for pupils between the ages of 2-19.
This is an Exciting Opportunity to Join our Progressive School for Children and Young Adults with Special Educational Needs.
We offer high quality education for children with a range of needs including Severe, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders.
Please come and visit us to see the work we do first-hand. Visits can be accommodated within the school day or after school.
We are seeking staff who:
- promote the schools Vision, Values and Aims
- are enthusiastic, imaginative, energetic and have a keen interest in special education
- can be adaptable and flexible
- are looking for a supportive, happy, caring and hardworking school
We can offer:
- a positive and caring ethos with children at the centre of all we do
- an enthusiastic and well trained staff team
- a comprehensive induction and support programme
- a wide range of CPD opportunities and potential career progression.
We are not able to allow visits to the school at this time due to Covid-19, however please have a look at our website to view our photo galleries.
The successful applicants will be required to have a DBS check.
Closing date: 12:00pm on Friday 10th July (Applicants will be notified by email)
Interviews: Tuesday 14th July.
Required to start: Tuesday 1st September, or as soon as possible. (subject to pre-employment checks)
Portesbery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Portesbery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.