Start date: Dependent on availability
Salary: BG5 (up to BG8 for candidates with relevant experience), 32.5 hours/week, term time only
Contract: Fixed Term until 31.8.2022
Hours of work
- 8:30-3:30 (inc ½ hr unpaid lunch break)
- Monday – Friday
We are looking for excellent Teaching Assistants to join our friendly, supportive and successful school.
Fair Furlong Primary school requires a skilled and experienced individual to work with children in KS2 supporting in class and with interventions. We require an individual who works well within a team, is hard working, flexible, good humoured, patient and resilient. The suitable candidate will also have the ability to use their own initiative to help support children’s individual needs.
It is important that any applicants have the required experience and skills that we are looking for.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Some knowledge or experience working with children and young people with SEND and strong behaviour management skills.
- The energy and enthusiasm to provide personalised learning experiences for children with SEND.
- A calm, patient and encouraging manner, with an ability to make learning engaging.
- An ability to be self-motivated and manage time effectively in order to maximise children’s learning time.
- A flexible outlook and willingness to support children in a variety of situations, including on the playground at lunchtime.
The successful candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a team and we are keen to appoint someone who has a commitment to making a difference within our community and is determined and aspirational for all children’s learning.
Visits to the school are encouraged; please contact the school Office to arrange an appointment.
Job expires: Thursday 7th October’21 9:00am
Interviews to be held: 14th October’21
Fair Furlong is committed to safeguarding our children, staff and families. Applicants will be subject to Safer Recruitment Practises and successful applicants will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check.
Fair Furlong Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.